ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING ( Accredited by NBA, AICTE New Delhi )
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Ghousia College of Engineering was started during the year 1985, and has an intake of 60 students every year. The B.E program is approved by AICTE and Government of Karnataka. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The main aim of the department is to provide quality education in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering, as the global scene is exposed to new & recent emerging technologies especially in Communication, VLSI subsystems and embedded technologies. The 21st century is the century of knowledge and technical shifts.. Hence the Management of Ghousia Industrial and Engineering Trust rightly decided to explore the much-required changes the society needs today.
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has separate laboratories well equipped with the latest equipment and satisfying curriculum requirements of Visvasvaraya Technical University and AICTE New Delhi. The faculties are well qualified and there is lot of enthusiasm amongst them to go for research and acquire knowledge continuously. The department has started IEEE students' branch of GCE in the year 2006 and the centre of Excellence in VLSI in 2010. The Department has received Rs. 10.26 lakhs for modernizing the VLSI design and Microcontroller Lab under MODROBS schemes from AICTE in the year 2007, Rs. 8.6 lakhs for modernizing the Digital Signal Processing Lab under MODROBS schemes from AICTE in the year 2009.
The staff are deputed to attend seminar / workshops etc to update their knowledge, apart from conducting such events in the college itself. The faculty has delivered lectures / presented papers at International Journals, International & National level Conferences. The students are also encouraged to present papers at symposia. The department is striving hard in training the students not only in their studies but also to develop their personality and other qualities required to face interviews.
To be recognized as the best Electronics and Communication Engineering Department in our country by imparting good quality Education and moulding the students to become good citizens.
To provide high quality technical education and training to the budding Electronics & Communication engineers to nurture excellent Electronics & Communication Engineering skills, human and social values, national and global competence.
Programme Educational Objectives:
1. To produce highly capable Electronics & Communication engineers equipped with strong Electronics & Communication engineering and allied fundamentals necessary to face the professional competition and achieve excellence.
2. To produce Electronics & Communication engineers who can demonstrate their analytical, design skills and abilities to apply the principles of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering in effectively overcoming Electronics & Communication engineering problems and challenges in their professional career.
3. To produce Electronics & Communication engineers with practical knowledge, positive attitude, sense of responsibility and strong professional ethics clubbed with zeal for lifelong learning and research.
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.